Nov 17, 2014
About Today's Guest
Gary Loper has worked in factories, driven taxis, was
a massage therapist, and waited 15 years after graduating from high
school to get his degree. Hear the rest of his story in episode 95
of The Sales Podcast.
Tools To Thrive
- Automate Your Sales &
Marketing: To build a business that scales you need
processes and automation. Since 2008 I've used this
tool to do just that. Watch the demo to see how it can
help you, too.
- Start Blogging Today: If you are new to blogging and
need to put up a quick site and get real help with your hosting,
try Bluehost. I've tried them all - GoDaddy,
Hostable, HostGator, etc. All were good and bad. In December 2013 I
took a long hard look at Bluehost, and what I found was nothing short of
amazing. Their free domain service with the purchase of hosting,
their 1-click WordPress setup and great customer service is what
every new blogger and entrepreneur needs. Use this link for The Sales Whisperer discount.
- Gary was always learning and striving to improve, which his how
he "met" Tony Robbins and Dennis Waitley via video and cassette
tapes in a communication class.
- He had become a massage therapist and began specializing in
helping people with disabilities but his work was funded by tax
- His funding dried up for this program and he got depressed. He
dusted off his motivational notes and started Tweeting them and
those got traction with his followers.
- He took that personal inventory and picked himself up.
[Tweet ""Take personal inventory and pick yourself up "
- “Chunk things down” to slice up your BHAGs and start achieving
- Create some distance from your emotional issues to help you
cope and overcome when you’re dealing with something like
- Be on the lookout for help and accept it when it comes.
- Plug in to things and associate with positive people.
- Upgrade your friends.
[Tweet ""Be on the lookout for help and accept it when it comes"
- There are no filters on Twitter. You can follow anyone you want
and get the info you need to help you grow.
- Find your voice. Hire people to help you find your voice to
help manage your social media profile.
- Focus 90% of your time on Entertain, Educate, Enhance their
lives, Create Engagement.
- Tweets are searchable so use good keywords.
- You can even recycle past content.
[Tweet ""Tweets are searchable so use good keywords "
- He had a client that gave up on Twitter but they had about
15,000 followers so he made a backup account and took it over so
now he has two profiles but one is a “lighter” version of his main
- Twitter Chats / Twitter Parties
- He started trending on his first party
- #GLTP - Gary Loper Twitter Party
- Twubs http://twubs.com or TweetChat
- You may throw a party and nobody will show up. Get over it.
Learn and grow.
- Most still like the 1-4 PM on Mon & Tues and Sat (for
- Register your hashtag on Twubs.com.
- Give information.
- Build trust and rapport.
- Slowly work in your offers that solve the problems of
- “Tell me more” or “so what?” are the only two responses people
can give you.
[Tweet ""Give info. Build trust. Slowly work in your
offers " says @GaryLoper"]
If you liked this episode, please let me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer®
podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a
quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link
below! It would be extremely helpful for the show! Thanks again,
and Good Selling! Peace!
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Order a signed copy of Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer®
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out earlier episodes of The Sales Podcast: