Jan 29, 2015
Carrie Wilkerson was "the mom next door," with her
one boy and three girls. She works from home. Adopted her two older
kids. Was not educated in business but got "into business out of
necessity." As Carrie puts it "my mess was bigger than most."
She is 5’ 4” and was 266 pounds, had over
$100,000 in unsecured debt, was dealing with depression,
infertility, and was pondering suicide.
Carrie chose joy. She realized she was destined
for more and for greatness. She was almost 30 and made a
decision to change. (42 now)
In 2001 before “virtual administration” was cool she
started a direct publishing business. And the rest is covered in
Tools To Thrive
- Automate Your Sales &
Marketing: To build a business that scales you need
processes and automation. Since 2008 I've used this tool to do just
that. Watch this demo to see how it
can help you, too.
- Sell More, Faster, At Higher
Margin, With Less Stress and More Fun: Get the inside
scoop on how I made selling a profession with this program. Use
promo code "podcast" to get $30 off.
- Start Blogging Today: If you are new to blogging and
need to put up a quick site and get real help with your hosting,
try Bluehost. I've tried them all - GoDaddy, Hostable,
HostGator, etc. All were good and bad. In December 2013 I took a
long hard look at Bluehost, and what I found was nothing short of
amazing. Their free domain service with the purchase of hosting,
their 1-click WordPress setup and great customer service is what
every new blogger and entrepreneur needs. Use this link for The Sales Whisperer discount.
What you'll learn in this episode...
- What to follow when you realize just following your passion
- How to beat your competition by 1,700%. (It's easier than you
- How to overcome the "hermit" in you and make a name for
yourself in your market.
- How to start a business from home, before a market crash, with
a newborn depending on you.
- Her preferred social media platform for growing her brand and
- What type of economy we're in today. (It's not what you
- What people are hungry for today. (It's not junk food or
- What Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz" can teach you about
- How to measure your effectiveness.
- What to do instead of comparing yourself to others.
- Whether or not to share the "silly things in life."
- What to focus on besides numbers.
- The number one metric you do need to focus on.
- How to decide what to leverage: sphere of influence or
- How to get your first, second, and subsequent sales.
"Do what's easiest to cash in on"
If you liked this episode, please let me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer®
podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a
quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link
below! It would be extremely helpful for the show! Thanks again,
and Good Selling! Peace!
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Order a signed copy of Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer®
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out earlier episodes of The Sales Podcast: