Feb 12, 2015
About Today's Guest
Dean Robart has been a faculty member of the Wizard
Academy in Austin, TX. His "real background" came in the form of
consulting Fortune 500 CEOs in managing their reputation online. He
has done work for the Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones TV out
of New York.
Dean then started his own publishing and consulting
company to help smaller businesses understand how media and
journalism works through his program formerly known
as “Newsroom Confidential,” now called “Buzz Snatching.”
Tools To Thrive
- Automate Your Sales & Marketing: To build
a business that scales you need processes and automation. Since
2008 I've used Infusionsoft to do just that. Watch this demo to see how it can help you, too.
- Sell More, Faster, At Higher Margin, With
Less Stress and More Fun: Get the inside scoop on how
I made selling a profession with this program. Use promo code
"podcast" to get $30 off.
- Start Blogging
Today: If you are new to blogging and need to put up a quick
site and get real help with your hosting, try Bluehost.
I've tried them all - GoDaddy, Hostable, HostGator, etc. All were
good and bad. In December 2013 I took a long hard look at Bluehost,
and what I found was nothing short of amazing. Their free domain
service with the purchase of hosting, their 1-click WordPress setup
and great customer service is what every new blogger and
entrepreneur needs. Use this link
for The Sales Whisperer discount.
What you'll learn in today's interview
- How to get more than your fair share of publicity WITHOUT
dipping into your marketing dollars.
- How to create something that goes viral.
- How to determine the best medium for your message.
- How to start your PR efforts when starting with a budget of
- How to build your audience when you don't have one.
- How to get vanity to work for you in your marketing
- How to get journalists to put you on their shows.
- The difference between you and a paid PR person (and how
journalists see you both.)
[Tweet ""Not starting is your mistake" says @newsbios"]
If you liked this episode, please click here to let me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer®
podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a
quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would
be extremely helpful for the show! Thanks again, and Good Selling!
Peace! If you need more help growing your sales, check out the
following resources scattered around this site and a few others I
operate, such as: