Jul 29, 2019
- "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho
- They weren't dumb or greedy
- They were searching for the fundamental elements
- We need to go deeper
- Stop skimming the surface
- Humans have always been easily-distracted
- "Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on
yourself and you can make a fortune." (Jim
- Entrepreneurs are leaders but we have to earn the right to
- We need vision
- We must know how we fit into that role
- What is the next small step the way the future version of you
would take it
- We get stuck. We don't know how to answer "What do I want and
why do I want it?"
- The path we're on is what gets our time and attention
- We think we hit walls because we don't know enough
- You know enough but go deeper into what you already know
- Think, Feel, Work.
- You get an idea and move forward
- Am I doing the right thing?
- Am I doing it right?
- Will it ever work for me?
- You end up like a Roomba vacuum cleaner
- You need someone to look at what you're doing to get you back
- Take a chip out of the wall when you hit it
- Then take another chip out of it
- One day the wall crumbles and you step through it
- Then you understand it like no one could teach to you
- "Life is difficult. Accepting that makes life
easier." "The Road Less Traveled, Timeless Edition: A New
Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual
- We all have disadvantages and advantages
- We want to know we're working hard on the right things
- Some are happy to just mimic but some of us have pride (too
much?) and we want to understand and make it our own
- We want to be ourselves and be hired for our unique
- So it's not enough to just mimic. Then you can make it your
- What's the purpose of your funnel?
- How do you fill it?
- All tactics could work or fail
- So ask "why does it work?" and "why does it fail?"
- Follow the shortest path to your ideal clients
- Answer the three questions in the minds of your ideal clients
- Should I pay attention?
- Okay. Who are you? Can I trust you?
- Is what you recommend right for me?
- Simple doesn't always mean easy but if it's simple it can be
- "What am I trying to accomplish?"
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: