Oct 4, 2019
Get the show
notes and bonuses for all episodes here.
Cool Kids Club
- Failed at retirement
- Why do apples turn brown?
- "Pop, are you talking to me?"
- "Cool Hand Luke"
- Failure to communicate
- Should you always be closing?
- The carnival barkers and hucksters
- The close is an integral part of the conversation
- Make the horse/customer thirsty
- Make friends and build relationships
- People want to buy from their friends
- Most salespeople fail to ask for the order
- They fear rejection
- Cold calls are no longer needed if you're not lazy
- There's no such thing as a commodity
- Differentiate yourself
- "Harry's Hints: the best tips don't work unless you do"
- Consistency vs. Creativity
- Show up on time, in time, enough times
- Have trinkets to leave behind
- Make friends with the receptionists and gatekeepers
- Be a good listener
- Talking is sharing. Listening is caring.
- The main problem all companies have centers on attracting,
training, motivating, and retaining great people
- People will have 12 jobs today
- Recognition and Reward are fundamental
- Involve your people. Don't ignore them.
- Money is not #1 but it's important
- Keep doors open. Keep your people included in what is
- Smart companies promote from within
- He wrote a 3-page sales letter every week for 27 years, each
with a "Harry's Hint
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: