Feb 25, 2019
About Roy Ranaani
- He was an inside sales rep and had no visibility into what was
happening on the front line
- Record all conversations and map to Salesforce
- No need to take notes
- Determine what your top performers say and do to close the
- This helps you listen better and pitch less or wait until you
have done a thorough discovery before pitching
- Get more people involved in the buying cycle and conversation
- The biggest predictor of making a complex sale is how many
people you can get into a meeting simultaneously
- One is the loneliest number
- Have video turned on for both parties
- Make sure there are clear next steps when the meeting concludes
(Get The Sales Agenda to solve this!)
- No company is too small or big
- Management and the culture sets the pace on acceptance of
- NPS is through the roof with Chorus AI
- This helps reps learn from one another
- Notify the prospect in the calendar invitation and the sales
rep can tell the prospect that they'll send them a recording of the
meeting when it's done
- Review "game film" together once a week
- Battlecards in real time
- No setup required
- Click of a button
- No IT help needed
- This gives you "what's working" and "what's happening in the
conversation" vs just a recording and searchable transcription
- Chorus AI will tag topics automatically so you can scroll ahead
to get to the relevant information
- His first business
- Raised over $50 million in venture capital
- People are key
- Know who your customers are
- Came from management consulting
- Found a trend that the top performers weren't being tapped for
critical insight to push up to management
- Was working 100-hour weeks
- Quit when his son was born and took a "year on" instead of a
- Brought in two friends from college. One was a great engineer
who was running his own company and another who was an expert in
- Become fanatical. Dive in.
- Early customers took a risk on him.
- First, do no harm.
- Own your mistakes.
- Landed some paid pilots and did some free beta trials with the
offer of grandfathered pricing
- Took about six months of initial development then another six
months of what their target market looked like.
- Built his own dialer in the beginning but realized after about
six months that they were taking on too much.
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: