Oct 31, 2014
About Today's Guest
Vince Palko loved art and sports since he was a child
and after writing “The
Art of Selling Using Cartoons” in 2006, it set the stage for
him to leave his Corporate America gig behind and set off on his
own. This is his story.
Tools To Thrive
- Automate Your Sales &
Marketing: To build a business that scales you need
processes and automation. Since 2008 I've used Infusionsoft to do just
that. Watch this demo to see how it
can help you, too.
- Sell More, Faster, At Higher
Margin, With Less Stress and More Fun: Get the
inside scoop on how I made selling a profession with this program.
Use promo code "podcast" to get $30 off.
- Start Blogging Today: If you are new to blogging and
need to put up a quick site and get real help with your hosting,
try Bluehost. I've tried them all - GoDaddy,
Hostable, HostGator, etc. All were good and bad. In December 2013 I
took a long hard look at Bluehost, and what I found was nothing short of
amazing. Their free domain service with the purchase of hosting,
their 1-click WordPress setup and great customer service is what
every new blogger and entrepreneur needs. Use this link for The Sales Whisperer discount.
- In 2005, Vince joined Matt Fury’s Mastermind Group and he'd
still say “Don’t leave your day job until your idea is proven.”
- Matt had achieved what Vince wanted so he followed his
- This was after he wasted $10,000 on an advertising program that
generated no business.
- He bought a day back from his employer, literally. He took
Fridays off and took less pay, less insurance, etc. so he had time
to build his new career.
- So many people have great ideas but don’t invest in themselves
to make it grow and blossom.
- He spent his time to create the book on those Fridays. But he
wanted to put a dent in the universe (a la Steve Jobs.)
"Don’t leave your day job until your idea is proven"
- In the beginning, he was doing short comic strips (1-3 panels)
and he saw instant results when he used them in ads. But it was
also a passion of his so it was “easier” to follow this path to
pursue building it as a business.
- He also started “Success Visuals” to help people with more
meaningful art along the lines of the Success posters of eagles
soaring. But nobody was doing it and he learned the hard way that
competition is a good thing at times.
- “Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures
still speak the most universally understood language.” Walt
"Pictures still speak the most universally understood
- But it wasn't a rise straight to the top...
- 2008-2009-2010 he was down. Back child support, etc.
- He was teaching a course online to show them how to draw.
- A client had a need and a challenge and he rose to the
challenge. Vince helped produced an 85% improvement in his client’s
launch and then saw a 268% in a split test on that.
- That lead to his next book, “Dreams
DOodle Come True,” and the career he has now.
If you liked this episode, please let me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this
session of The Sales Whisperer® podcast. If you haven’t done so
already, I would love if you left a quick rating and review of the
podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link
below! It would be extremely helpful for the show! Thanks again,
and Good Selling! Peace!
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Order a signed copy of Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer®
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out earlier episodes of The Sales Podcast: