Oct 31, 2014
About Today's Guest
Jake Efstration has been in software development for
marketing for years. As the needs of his clients changed to focus
on mobile, he saw the opportunity and launched Social Fuse. Jake is
into "visual marketing” whereby he looks at traditional forms
of lead generation online via web forms and applied what works to
the mobile space.
Tools To Thrive
- Automate Your Sales &
Marketing: To build a business that scales you need
processes and automation. Since 2008 I've used this tool to do
just that. Watch the demo to see how it can
help you, too.
- Start Blogging Today: If you are new to blogging and
need to put up a quick site and get real help with your hosting,
try Bluehost. I've tried them all - GoDaddy,
Hostable, HostGator, etc. All were good and bad. In December 2013 I
took a long hard look at Bluehost, and what I found was nothing short of
amazing. Their free domain service with the purchase of hosting,
their 1-click WordPress setup and great customer service is what
every new blogger and entrepreneur needs. Use this link for The Sales Whisperer discount.
- Mobile marketing is moving beyond text messaging.
“Accessibility has been the problem up until now. Only big
companies like American Idol could afford it.”
- They are moving beyond text blasts and into mobile
- List segmentation is moving into the texting space.
- Back in 2001 companies were trying to embed web forms into text
messaging but the mobile number was not being passed through.
- Mobile marketing is great for urgency.
- 97% of users open text messages in under 5 minutes.
[Tweet ""List segmentation is moving into the texting space"
- Text messaging is a more personable form of communication.
- Text marketing is still early in the game.
- There are stand-alone text messaging platforms to help you get
- Keywords are chosen by the client and that triggers the
- It’s great for offline-to-online lead capture.
- A 5-digit shortcode is used in commercial applications. The
gov’t says you must comply with their regulations so the shortcode
is the easiest way to comply.
[Tweet ""Mobile Marketing is great for offline-to-online
lead capture" says @social_fuse"]
- This is great for speakers to capture opt-ins from their
- Restaurants - they have many types of offerings so you could
opt-in and select the offers they want to receive. Maybe you don’t
want to receive notices about breakfast coupons.
- Service providers are levering mobile marketing to confirm
- You must get their permission/consent to send text messages to
your prospects and clients.
- This can even work online. If all of your traffic is online you
can create a special offer on your site to
- Text “fuse” to 96000 to demo how this works.
[Tweet ""Mobile marketing is great for speakers to capture
opt-ins from their speaking engagement,"
If you liked this episode, please let me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer®
podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a
quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link
below! It would be extremely helpful for the show! Thanks again,
and Good Selling! Peace!
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Order a signed copy of Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer®
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out earlier episodes of The Sales Podcast: