Aug 11, 2014
About Today's Guest
Larry Winget, the Pitbull of Personal Development®, shares his
story of turning humiliation into motivation and how you can,
Tools To Thrive
[Tweet "You have to take what you do to the world," says
[Tweet "The marketplace respects marketing and
salesmanship." says @larrywinget."]
- People lie about money more than anything else.
- Get the money discussion out of the way up front.
Money is not dirty.
- Look at all of your contacts and call them and ask them “what
will it take to earn your business today?”
- “What have I done wrong? You want and need this…I apologize…I'm
the sales professional and I have not conveyed to you all of the
benefits of owning what I sell."
- On Gatekeepers / Receptionists
- Honor the position of the gatekeeper.
- Validate them.
- Ask them an honest question. “What do I have to do to reach the
- On traditional Sales Trainers
- The problem with most sales trainers is they want you to
memorize lines that may never happen.
- Develop a philosophy. You don’t have to get the words right.
Just be confident.
- Check out Larry's upcoming conference on speaking and writing,
November 6, 7, 8.
- Know what problem you want to solve.
- Narrow your niche.
- Build a following first then publish.
- He self-published 23 books before he got a publisher.
- 97% of all books today sell under 1,000 copies. Most under 300
- Adult pleasures
- Sam Houston Straight American Whiskey made in Texas
- CAO Brazilias - good, oily dark maduro
If you liked this episode, please let Kim Walsh-Phillips and me know on Twitter.
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: