Oct 13, 2020
- We're not robots but science is science
- Hack the system
- There are core things you must do in business and in life to
- Exited for $321 million and asked..."now what?"
- You still have problems even with money
- Took two months off and got back to work
- Is Work-Life Balance a real thing?
- Are there seasons that you'll be out-of-balance?
- Should there be seasons that you're out-of-balance?
- You can be out-of-balance, but not completely
The equation of life = ..."
- If you go too long too much out of balance you're going to hit
- He started when he was single and enjoyed the first few
- When the 12-15-hour days arrived he lost the joy
- Grow up...but stay a kid at heart
- Kids change everything
- Founded Doorstep Delivery in 2008
- The iPhone had just come out
- Drivers wouldn't need a $200-$300 Garmin GPS, which they
- Saw inefficiencies
- Was not scalable
- Was selling real estate during the big run-up so he was
super-busy and wanted to order food easily
- Quit his real estate business at the top
- Didn't raise any money. It was him and his best friend from the
real estate business.
- Found two other guys with a similar business
- But they had no real structure, which leads to the eventual
- Was suicidal in college and had "a typical victim"
- "How to Win Friends and Influence People" was
recommended in passing by a college professor
- He started working on himself while still in college, which
laid the foundation for his post-exit life
- We run off of habits
- The equation of life = your belief system + your repeated
actions + time
- Connect to your human spirit and that child-like wonder
- He was working on his new business 3+ years ago while he was
still at his last company
- The entrepreneurial competencies must be present and executed
on if you are to succeed
- Working on a book for business coaching
- You can't just ignore making money
- How to grow your money/investments is key
- Don't get caught up keeping up with the Joneses
- A billionaire on the Tim Ferriss show caught himself being
jealous and depressed because he didn't have the latest jet like
his friend just got
- Do you just want more because you want more?
- Why the co-founder of a $320 million leases a Toyota Rav4
- How he made his rock-bottom bounce
- He was looking when he was at rock bottom
- His favorite professor mentioned the Dale Carnegie book and
that clicked with him
- The Yale "Happiness Course"
- Habits don't care if they're good or bad
- Set better habits early in life
- You can undo them. It takes work.
- Create a system and stick with it
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: