Sep 10, 2019
Get the show
notes and bonuses for all episodes here.
Cool Kids Club
- What is your "past value delivered?"
- Your Champion needs to be able to answer to the bean counters
how you are delivering an ROI
- You have to remind your customers how good you are
- Determine what success looks like with your prospect before
they buy so you both know what the expectations are
- Harvard Professor Theodore Levitt,
"People don't buy a quarter-inch drill. They buy a quarter-inch
- Salespeople push to a closed deal
- The buyer is terrified once they close
- Our customers are not professional buyers
- They buy outcomes
- Change is the catalyst for new opportunities
- Stick around and deliver value after the sale
- You must know why they bought
- There is so much turnover with both your sales team and at your
- Somebody has to stick around and own customer success
- The good and bad comes from the sales side
- There are more influencers on the buyer's side (9.3 on
- The buyer wants to know "Who understands me and what I'm trying
- The fundamentals have not changed but they are not being
- Buyers have too much information. It's noisy.
- Buyers have been abused by past, shady, pushy salespeople
- How did you get that meeting? Why are you in front of the
- Don't show up and throw up!
- Have an agenda for the sales meeting.
- "Lead them to your solution not with your solution."
- Play hard to get. There's value in scarcity.
- Does technology make you more effective?
- You send novels about you and confusing spec sheets
- You must help your champions sell internally
- Focus on 7 simple slides covering the customer journey
- Uncertainty is at a high
- How do you align the buyers?
- How do you find out what you don't know?
- You need to be able to ask the right questions
- You don't have to know it all
- Narrow down the choices and ask which one is best
- Once they choose ask "How can this be improved?"
- This helps the buyer own the deal they can sell internally
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: