Sep 11, 2020
- Make it easy for your buyers to buy
- "Don't start a CRM company. The ocean always needs
- What feature do you not need?
- Salesforce won't let you delete more than one opportunity at a
- Most customers don't know what their own problems are
- Salespeople can't follow a process
- Salesforce is the safe decision but the worst, usually
- "Let me guess. Is this one of your problems?
Find the root cause of the customer's
- If they say what they want they don't want to listen
- Prospects who don't listen just want a quote
- Acknowledge they are experts in their own businesses
- "What risks are you worried about?"
- Lead with examples. Show them you have experience and expertise
in their space.
- "I've read a lot about your company and your situation, is this
- A well-educated guess will get you a long way down the sales
- Personal rapport goes a long way...but it only goes so far
- Check in with the customer and ask them what they need to
- Stop focusing 100% on your sales process and checkboxes
- Make it easy for them to look good in their own
- Your internal champion is putting their neck on the line
- Provide them cover
- Ask them...
When was the last time you signed a PO of this
- Real decision makers say "I bring in my team and bounce ideas
- Share your plan with your prospect once you know what's going
on and they are qualified
- Reduce their risk
- Have a good sales cadence merged with your sales engagement and
CRM and challenge them on their current mode of business
- Show them they are horribly wrong
- "When was the last time your sales rep said 'Guaranteed closed
by the end of the month.'?"
- "I bet you're missing your forecasts...and I know why."
- You know the underlying of their pain
- Use a multi-media, multi-step engagement plan to touch on
multiple points over time until you find the hot button
- Focus on the process before login
- Have dates on milestones
- AEs vs. SDR quota
- "No buyer ever argued with clear expectations."
all of the episodes and notes here.
Five to make every sale.
- We can't delete fast enough
- Emails are horrible
- Differentiate yourself
- Have the desire to be just a little bit better
- Your CRM spitting out form emails won't save you
- Authenticity goes a long way
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: