Oct 20, 2020
- Daughter of the co-founder of Sheraton Hotels
- Wife of Frank Perdue, Perdue Farms
- His greatest deficit became his greatest asset
- Frank Perdue was actually shy
- His dad had him selling feed corn to overcome his shyness
- Known as the "marketing icon of the world"
- How to choose an ad agency
- Studied advertising and interviewed 60 agencies
- It was hard to differentiate a commodity
- His competitors could say everything he could say about his
- His agency said he needed to be the face of the brand
Success in life depends on other people."
- Frank Perdue spent hours practicing his lines
- He would "give to the camera"
- Frank was great at inspiring his staff to go the extra mile and
stay with him for life
- He knew the names of the frontline workers and their
- He was an egalitarian
- Mitzi was big into hospitality and wanted to entertain every
employee at the company—16,000—but have them over 100 at a time,
three times a month, for 17 years
- William James,...
The deepest principle of human nature is the craving
- Frank Perdue served at the buffet line to demonstrate and live
- Invited farmers and vendors and suppliers to dinner
- Ernest Henderson was known for not sticking with things and he
"sucked" at human relations
- Success in life depends on other people
- He read "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
- He became a student of human nature
- "Inspire, don't require."
- Ernest Henderson started buying hotels during the Great
- He would reassure his employees
- The first investment in his new hotels was behind the scenes to
support his staff
- Ernest Henderson was 40 in 1937 when he bought his first
- He knew German, French, and Italy and was in the import/export
- He would buy cameras and equipment after WWI at a great
- He and his brother and college roommate pooled their funds to
make the first purchase
- She started "Win This Fight" to combat human trafficking
- Mark Victor Hansen loves this cause
- Give yourself at least an hour of downtime to rest and reset
your mind and body during stressful times
- Stress hormones can shorten your life
- A trafficker with five girls in his "stable" can earn
- Law enforcement needs more resources to stop these sex
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: