Jan 15, 2021
- Paul Ross is an author, speaker, trainer, Master Hypnotist, and
Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). For the
past 30 years, he’s taught tens of thousands of people the power of
language to persuade, sell, heal, turn stumbling blocks into
stepping stones, and pain into passion. Paul’s speeches and
training have motivated audiences around the world to discover
their power to design their own results.
- What is the ONE thing you are actually always selling, no
matter what your industry or business?
- What are the 4 words you can use in the first minute of your
sales presentation to create immediate, unbreakable rapport and
- What is the first thing about your prospect you must focus on
and take into consideration if you want to skyrocket your
- What are “counterexamples” and how can you use them to easily
destroy almost any objection?
- How do traditional, common teachings about mindset actually get
in the way of your progress?
- Let's get out of your conceptual zone
- Sold candy bars at 9 years old
His mom told him, 'Most people are stupid...do the
opposite of what most do.'"
- Get people's attention
- "Hey, I'm here to sell you something."
- Nail them down with consistency and commitment
- A sale is a date and a date is a sale
- Rapport, qualifying questions, presentation, go for the
- Began applying his pick up artist training to sales
- Be honest and leverage pattern interrupts
- Treat them with respect
- There are no cold calls, they are "opportunity outreach."
- Metaphors create a canopy of consciousness that impact our
beliefs and actions
It's time to joyously make powerful opportunity
- Prospects object on autopilot
- "Why would I delay your opportunity to learn about something
you could really benefit from?"
- A sale delayed is a sale denied
- The smartphone is the #1 obstacle to sales
- "May I ask you a question?
- Your opening buys you five minutes
- You don't have a lot of time to bond
- People are too distracted to pay attention
- Dumbed-down yet more sophisticated
- They know the old cliches because they get pitched so
- "What state of mind do you want your prospect to be in so they
receive your message?"
- Your pitch is the electricity so how do we make the prospect's
- Get them focused, wanting, buying into the notion that we are
leading them (subconsciously), and open to new ideas and
- How do we create those states?
- Selling decisions and good feelings about decisions
- People don't trust their own abilities to make decisions
- Prospects need to capture and lead their imagination
- Implied relationship words
- We, together, explore, invite, share
- "Before we explore this (solution) together today, I just want
to invite you to please share the questions that naturally arise
when a great decision is being made."
- Leaders are needed for explorations
- Three words to put in front of any limiting belief: "up
- "Up until now, I've been bad cold calls."
- "Up until now, I haven't been able to hit my quota."
- Our crappy learning strategy is what holds us back
- We program our mistakes back in
- You need to learn from your mistakes...but how?
- You're in a car and break down in the desert and you call the
mechanic who says do this, that, and the other and hangs up!
- You need to move up the learning curve
- If the process of self-improvement has felt like a struggle,
here's how that takes place...
- The solution is
- Priming the mind for effective behavior and results
- Showed students positive and negative words
- The positive students were 80% more
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: