Jan 19, 2021
- How to sell as an introvert
- Why introverts make great salespeople
- Started and owned five multi-million dollar businesses before
the age of 30
- Had a 6th-grade reading comprehension in high school
- Fell into sales out of high school to find himself before
- Did data entry but the business shut down in three weeks
- Forced into sales during Christmas, which is also their
- Selling business telecom services door-to-door
- Faced a lot of rejection
- On his 93rd door, he made $73
- Was excited until he realized he had to do it again the next
- The "hustle" mentality was not exciting
- He looked for systems
- Looked up "sales system" on YouTube
- Sold during the day, self-taught at night
- Made one sale every three doors
- 18 out of 20 of his peers quit
- Became #1 in six weeks
- Promoted 7 times in 12 months
- Great marketing makes sales easy
- Oh...your business is different?
- People don't want to meet people who sell commodities, which
lead right to a price discussion
- "You want to help people? Can you narrow it down?"
- Describe your passion and your why when networking to
- People make assumptions when you say "I sell" or "I offer" then
- Small hinges swing big doors
- He initially was talking to the wrong people at first when he
was selling door-to-door
I'm here to see if you qualify..." and that made a huge
- Don't show up and start pitching
- Ask better questions
- Don't just flip through the catalog or brochure
- The power of storytelling is strong
- Creates artificial rapport
- It short-circuits/bypassing the logical part of the brain
- "I understand...however,..." and tell a story of a successful
client in a similar situation.
- Most salespeople get the sales process out of order
- He follows a seven-step sequence
- He was given a team of 20 and they all quit within 48
- He went back to YouTube to learn how to manage
- He got promoted too fast
- He was miserable in his first job eventually, despite winning
awards and making great money
- When you start your own business you need to realize how you
inherit goals from others and they may not be what you want
- He was trying to prove he was "worth something"
- He has a podcast called "The Better Business Coach
Podcast," check out episode #17
- Most millionaires are actually living low-key
- Many feel anxious all the time because they are out of
- Do what you care about
- Where are you sipping bourbon?
- What type of bourbon?
- How much does it cost?
- Revenue is great, but profit is what matters.
- People don't take time to think anymore
- We don't know what we want
- Rapid Growth The Lazy Way
- Use the bookmark button on audiobooks
- You have to be the loudest if you can't be the clearest
- Automation is key
- Pinterest is a search engine, not a social
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: