Sep 16, 2019
Get the show
notes and bonuses for all episodes here.
Cool Kids Club
- Built a business to 70 people
- Acquired by KPMG
- Relationships are still key
- Be consistent
- Seek win-win opportunities
- There is no new magic trick to sell today
- Social media can help facilitate relationships
- Do whatever it takes
- Be where you need to be
- He formed a vision when he grew his IT services business
- Create a growth culture for your entire company
- Their telecom company was training PeopleSoft implementors
- Go where there is need and charge for solving the need
- Have the diagnostic conversation
- Price your services based on the value you bring
- Start with a situational analysis, which is regurgitating what
they already said
- Give them the methodology
- Show them a computation of how you price your services based on
- Maybe ask for 30% up front and the remainder over the course of
- You must believe in yourself so you can ask the hard
- Test your own limits
- We're all learning
- Don't be too eager to jump to a proposal
- Keep your posture...don't jump right into selling and
- Ask the right questions. Maintain your integrity.
- Listen to your intuition.
- Tap into the buyer's energy
- Get to the truth if they buyer is sincere.
- Don't over-complicate things
- Stop pushing for an arbitrary close to meet your calendar-based
- It's a long game.
- Seek to serve.
- Customers want certainty and proactive results
- Use a thin wedge, i.e. choose your clients well
- When the student is ready the teacher will appear
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: