Aug 20, 2014
About Today's Guest
Sebastian Rusk had a daughter at 22 and learned what hustle is all
about. After the real estate market crashed in 2008 he had to start
over. And that's exactly what he did. Hear how he did it in today's
Tools To Thrive
- Start Blogging Today: If you are new to blogging and
need to put up a quick site and get real help with your hosting,
try Bluehost. I've tried them all - GoDaddy,
Hostable, HostGator, etc. All were good and bad. In December 2013 I
took a long hard look at Bluehost, and what I found was nothing short of
amazing. Their free domain service with the purchase of hosting,
their 1-click WordPress setup and great customer service is what
every new blogger and entrepreneur needs. Use this link for The Sales Whisperer discount.
- Got settled in SoCal in 2002 and wanted to be an
- Did direct marketing and lead generation in real estate and
then 2008 collapsed.
- Went back to Miami and it took him two years to realize he had
to start over.
- Was planning on coming to see Tony Robbins in SoCal and his
friend introduced him to a co-worker of Tony Robbins and they hit
- Sebastian sent his video to her and she loved it and him and
- He sent Social Buzz and TV to his designer
and three days later he had this logo and a YouTube
- He realized he had to do more than just teach. He had to really
walk them through how to connect and grow a business.
- He started connecting with people, building his own business
- In 2011 he launched and it took a year to really make it
- Now he’s the brand ambassador for his clients and leverages his
bow tie to help his clients grow.
- We’re living in an age of storytelling and disruption.
- He was cast for a reality show on Fox a couple of years ago and
he flew out in one day for a 15-minute meeting. He wandered over to
Times Square and realized he was standing in the advertising mecca
of the world but everyone was looking down at their phones.
- Storytelling allows people to talk about what they like and
care about. If brands can figure out how to become the go-to source
for what they do by “enrolling people” into their stories and build
an emotional connection they’ll win.
- The days of shoving stuff down the throats of your prospects
- The prospect is ready to buy if they are in your ecosystem,
meaning they are online learning and reading and watching and
studying about their purchase. If you are doing this right they are
consuming your content and come to you to connect and buy.
- It’s all about H2H - Human to Human - selling and connecting
and relationship building.
- Customer experience is key.
- Customer service is defense.
- Heck, even the @CIA is
now on Twitter.
- It’s more cost effective to socially listen and gamble on
reaching out proactively to your prospects mentioning what you do
like a guy mentioning “I’m going for a run” and then Nike ships him
6 pairs of shoes.
- Twitter has replaced the telephone. It bypasses the
- Tell stories around the problem you solved.
If you liked this episode, please let me know on Twitter.
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: