Feb 5, 2021
- Got his hands full on purpose
- He wants to be a superhero to people
- Wants people to see their greatness
- Got into some dark spots when he was idle
- He goes hard and his wife lets him know when he's pushing too
- He'll message people on Instagram and he hit up a guy there and
went Live and now he's doing
- How to define success
- Make incremental progress
Thrust is a must."
- Not a big timeframe guy
- Not a procrastinator
- Do you have a responsibility problem?
- Blaming and waiting comes from not taking responsibility and
that leads to procrastination
- Become a puppet-master, not a puppet
- It never feels good to blame people
- The victims are never happy
- Grew up in a broken home...saw the child support and custody
battles...lots of conflicts
- Was living with his dad for three years and it traumatized
- By age 11 he told his mom to file papers and get him out of
- His dad was his hero...owned a masonry business...big strong
hands and arms...wad of hundred dollar bills with a rubber band
around it...threw a $100 bill at him and said "You'll need this
when you and your mom are out on the streets."
- He's stubborn to a fault
- He knew others have gone through similar setbacks
- Made up his mind to lead by example
- His concept is rocket fuel: turn all the toxic crap in your
life and convert it to rocket fuel
- Started in sales in 1998
- Dropped out of college with a 4.0 and he realized he never
partied until he got to college
- That was not him
- He tried to please others in the cocoon of school
- It got him off track
- Was cutting his teeth at in-home sales
- Closing deals that night...for nine years!
- He was partying when he wasn't working
- But he felt anxious. He knew he wasn't built for this.
- He was not going at his full potential
- Visualize your ideal life
- Got into real estate and mortgages but he hated showing
- His buddy was 90 minutes away at his mortgage office
- Drove that 3-hour roundtrip for five years
- Took a line of credit to have about three month's salary
- It was a "burn-the-ships" moment
- Don't have a Plan B
- He was with them for 12 years but the owner did some dirty
- He brought 22 employees with him to a new mortgage firm
- He and his partners took minimum wage for six months and lived
off credit cards
- Got into $175k in debt from the company that backed him because
they believed in him
- I'm grinding like I'm broke.
- Take yourself to zero. Grant Cardone
- I gotta make it happen right now.
- He invests money now in businesses, mentorships, programs,
- Constantly getting rid of his money.
- Do your fact-finding and help solve problems
- Don't approach prospecting to close a deal. It's to get out of
obscurity and get known.
- Only the good loan officers are still making calls
- Don't think about competing. Think about dominating. "I'm the
best. I dominate this market."
- Get a big pipeline of prospects
- Without that, everything becomes a problem
- Be obsessed about growing the top of the funnel
- It's a timing thing but your customers are always one deal away
from being let down.
- Be creative. Stay in touch.
Get all of the show notes for every episode of The Sales Podcast with Wes Schaeffer, The Sales Whisperer®.
Use these resources to grow your sales:
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast: