Jan 23, 2019
- Sales tips have not evolved since 1983
- Most sales "stuff" is driven from a model
- We become zealots of "the model" because "the model has to be
- Sales enablement today is not about the model
- Belief systems drive sales behaviors
- The world does not need another model but models are good
- Skill vs Will
- Most sales professionals believe they are good at relationship
- Most sales professionals are wrong
- The Mentalizer's Paradox
- Salespeople are not trained properly
- Salespeople are unaware
- How many won deals because your customer liked you?
- How many lost deals because your customer didn't like you?
- You use weak words
- You're afraid of being told no
- You're afraid of the answer
- You're afraid of re-building the pipeline
- You're afraid of not being liked
- We're emotional beings who think
- Don't bring donuts, bring insight
- Manage, don't coach
- Coaching is seen as negative
- The learning objective is not the answer. The improved behavior
is the answer.
- Be learner-focused. They should do most of the talking. It's
all about them.
- There's too much emphasis on "liking" vs. trusting and
- Desire with no discipline is worthless
- Insight + Humility takes Rigor
- Most people want a thinking partner, not the answer
- Give them an idea
- Challenger model is hubris
- You still must master the art of controlling the
- Questions are always the answer
- When you talk you create objections!
- Get comfortable with being vulnerable
- "N.B.O. (New Business Opportunities)" Ask if you're
- Be brief. Be good. Be gone.
- Once you get high, stay high.
- Don't ask permission. "Hey, I'm going to be meeting with your
boss. Anything you'd like me to bring up with your boss?"
- Expand your curiosity.
- Out-understand your competitors. Only 11% of customers believe
salespeople understand their needs.